To keep excess oil at bay, prevent future breakouts, treat current blemishes and ensure that skin is hydrated and protected, Myrna and Derenisse shared their foolproof summer skincare regimen.
Below is a routine that will tackle all your acne woes and keep skin clear, calm, and under control.
Rise and (Combat) Shine with 5 steps in under 5 minutes:
- Cleanse skin in the shower with Alpha Beta® Pore Perfecting Cleansing Gel.
- Clarify, exfoliate, and fight breakouts with Alpha Beta® Universal Daily Peels on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. For alternate days use DRx Acne Eliminating Pads. Switching between these two effective treatments will help keep skin in perfect balance.
- Apply Ferulic + Retinol Brightening Solution for clarity and evenness.
- While the F+R Brightening Solution absorbs into skin, go and brush those pearly whites.
- Next, gently press a ½ pump of C+ Collagen Brighten & Firm Vitamin C Serum into skin.
- Dr. Gross recommends daily use of an SPF, so apply noncomedogenic Dark Spot Sun Defense Sunscreen SPF 50. Or, for a tinted finish, opt for Instant Radiance Sun Defense Sunscreen SPF 40.
Bonus tip: If you’re planning on using foundation post-SPF application, use what Myrna refers to as “heaven sent” Clarifying Colloidal Sulfur Mask. Before putting on foundation, smooth the sulfur mask over problem areas for a primer and a treatment.
- Alpha Beta® Pore Perfecting Cleansing Gel will decongest skin after a long day.
- Reach for a Ferulic + Retinol Wrinkle Recovery Peel for a doctor’s dose of potent ingredients that will replenish and retexture skin.
- Hydrate under eyes with Hyaluronic Marine Dew It Right Eye Gel.
- Gently pat Ferulic + Retinol Wrinkle Recovery Overnight Serum into skin to help it recover from daytime aggressors and free radicals – your face will thank you!
- Complete these essential 5 steps with oil-free Alpha Beta® Exfoliating Moisturizer (I know what you’re thinking, and the answer is YES – even those with acne prone skin need to moisturize!)
Now go enjoy your blemish and carefree summer skin!
Photo: via Shutterstock