She’s a long-time lover of beauty with over 10 years in the industry. We caught up with our Global Director of Sales for our Professional and E-commerce channels, Sue Thomas, about the moment in time that sparked her infatuation with skincare.
Tell us about yourself! We’d like to get to know you.
I worked for Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare 12 years ago and came back to the company 2 ½ years ago following a 10 year hiatus in the world of nail care working for SpaRitual and Deborah Lippmann. The beauty industry had me hooked when I started working behind the Clinique counter–I was a 20 year old college student. I feel very blessed to have found my calling and to be able to work in an industry I love so much.
How did you discover our brand?
I discovered Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare when an employee tried to recruit me for an open position with the company. That was in 2005. At that time, I had never had a peel before and it scared me. Once I did, I could not believe the difference in my skin! I have been using Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare products ever since. Now, I am the biggest #peeladdict you will ever meet.
What was the biggest change you’ve seen in your skin?
Improved texture, tone and radiance.
Would you call yourself a peel addict?
Without a doubt! I am a double peeler. Morning and night, every day. I am also religious about sunscreen.
What’s your flavor of choice and why?
HMMMM. Tough question, because I have a peel wardrobe and choose depending on the changing needs of my skin. I could not live without Dr. Gross’s professional peels. They provide immediate results without any downtime and are perfect for every skin type–even the most sensitive, dry or fragile. I am religious about getting a professional peel every 30 days. My home-care products support the results of our Professional Peels to ensure they last longer. My personal peel favorites are Ferulic + Retinol Wrinkle Recovery Peel and Alpha Beta Universal Peel.
Do you have any insider tips when it comes to your skincare regimen?
- Always wash your face before bedtime.
- Use your peel pads every day to stimulate collagen production and improve radiance. I love them in the morning! My makeup glides on smoother and my skin looks radiant all day–even after a long day of travel.
- Use retinol every night. Our Ferulic + Retinol products are incredible for treating fine lines, wrinkles and loss of firmness.
- Use vitamin c during the day. Our C+Collagen products improve dull, tired skin while targeting sun damage and hyper-pigmentation.
- Use sunscreen every single day. No exceptions.
- Take them with you! I travel a lot for work and I always pack plenty of peel packettes and a mask. Air travel is hard on your skin and causes dehydration. There is no better time to give your skin a dose of plumping hydration than following a flight. Try my favorite, the Hyaluronic Marine Hydrating Modeling Mask.
When was your ‘AHA’ moment using DG?
My ‘AHA’ moment was with the Skin Whisperer himself, Dr. Gross. I went to his practice for the very first time and received my first professional peel. I was terrified because I had always used very natural skincare. I could not believe the instantaneous difference. I really couldn’t believe it! There was no downtime, I was able to put my makeup back on, walk out the door and go back to work that afternoon.That was in 2005. I have had an Alpha Beta Professional Peel every month since.
Do you have a ‘can’t live without product’?
Yes, I have many! Ha ha! The one thing that I would go crazy without is the Alpha Beta Face Peel Professional System. I could not live without getting our professional peels. They are the best on the market and believe me….I have tried them all, it’s my job. I also adore the Ferulic + Retinol Wrinkle Recovery Peel Pads, Ferulic + Retinol Brightening Solution and C+Collagen Deep Cream.
Describe your feelings on DG skincare in 5 words.
Instant. Glowing. Radiance. Addictive. Results
For more Skin Talk interviews, click here.