Without fail, tacos are a crowd pleaser. You can layer them with plenty of ‘tri-color’ ingredients, as per our doctor’s orders for healthy radiant skin, inside and out.
They’re easily customizable for any dietary restrictions, perfectly portioned, and can host an array of diverse flavors and ‘skin food’ ingredients.
These chocolate mole tacos can be prepped with any kind of protein, and they celebrate the beauty that is sautéed, fresh vegetables.
6 soft tacos, gluten free or whole wheat
2 to 3 ounces of grilled lean chicken, cut into strips
1 bell pepper, cut into long, thin strips
3 cloves garlic, diced
1 lime, juiced
1 cup shaved brussels sprouts
1 avocado, cut into chunks or thin slices
1/2 red sliced onion
1 tablespoon cilantro
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
2 plum tomatoes, cored and chopped
2 bars of ALOHA Superfood Chocolate
1/2 pack of ALOHA Daily Good Chocolate
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup raisins
2 corn tortillas (six inches), cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
1/3 red onion
1 dried ancho chile (available in the spice aisle)
1/4 cup blanched almonds
- Over a medium flame, sauté your chopped garlic cloves in a dollop of olive oil. After they are golden brown, add in your Brussels sprout shavings, bell peppers, and red onion, and cherry tomatoes. Leave over heat until golden, and then remove from heat.
- In another pan with olive oil, sauté the garlic cloves and your plum tomatoes over medium heat until they soften. Add in raisins, onion, red-pepper flakes, almonds, ancho chile and corn tortillas. Keep the mixture moving, until the tortillas soften and tomatoes are almost blackened. Remove from heat, and then add in the two bars of Superfood Chocolate and Daily Good Greens.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a blender and pulse. Add in cinnamon, and olive oil. Blend on high until the mole is thoroughly blended and has a pasty but pourable consistency. Add water if needed.
- Heat up your whole wheat tortillas in a pan on low heat. Once warm, remove and transfer to a plate, then cover with a towel.
- Serve to taste (chicken, veggies) by placing the sautéed Brussels sprouts mixture on first, then adding in your protein. Top with the mole sauce, cilantro, and fresh lime juice!
The recipe was provided by our ‘skin food’ friends at Aloha.